Thursday 27 July 2017

Christmas In July & Brushing Up On Colouring Skills

Hello Crafty Friends!

How is your week so far? I had some 'happy mail' earlier this week, when the long awaited Stamper's Friend popped through the letterbox. I already got a MISTI and love it dearly, but I wanted to get something a bit cheaper, one I would would happily take to craft club or classes without fearing that it might get damaged. As you might have already guessed, I am very protective of my stash. Most things look almost as new even though they've been used a lot.

Anyway, I was supposed to get the Stamper's Friend about 6 months ago, but there were delays. These delays meant that I got two free stamp sets, one of which I used to bush up on my colouring skills. I ended up make 3 cards using one of the new sets and some brush markers for colouring. Christmas in July ...


Yes, the Poundworld markers came out to play again and something I hardly ever use nowadays ... Peel-Offs.


For this card here I used the markers with a damp brush for the ribbon and bow. Lots of delicate fuzzy cutting and a PaperArtsy Infusions BG brought it all together.


And for my last, more traditional looking card, I felt emboldened and tried this style of colouring using some of my SU Stamp'n'Write markers, slightly off-set my topper, added a couple of embossed lines and sequins to finish.

I am entering my second card at: Addicted To Stamps And More - Make Your Mark

That's it from me for today. Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
PaperArsty Infusions: Are You Cerise and Golden Sands
Stamps by Be Creative! - Christmas Celebration
KIDS Paint Brush Markers from Poundworld
SU Stamp'n'Write Markers: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze
Be Creative! Stampers Friend from StampAddicts

3 comments:

  1. Great fussy cutting and love the use of the infusion powders x Will be looking for the £1 pens next time I am in town. Three elegant cards for the stash. Glad you have got you stampers friend at last too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas wreaths,great coloring and fantastic background...thank you for joining us at ATSM-CHALLENGE this week
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those Brusho backgrounds - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX