Friday 17 March 2017

A Little Canvas

Hello Crafty Friends!

I am back today with another canvas to share. It is one I made as a tutorial for STAMPlorations, and it is a little more complex than last month's.
I can assure you, it doesn't look anything like what I had in mind.
That's the beauty and challenge of Mixed Media, trusting the process when projects take on a life of their own.


It does look a little on the brown side in the photo, but in real life the oranges and yellows give it a nice rich and warm glow.

The basis for my colour scheme came from a Color Blooms page which I had coloured using brushos and Promarkers some time last year, never daring to tear or cut into it. I wanted to combine it with the My Sunshine mask, and off I went on my journey.

Bits of the layers I added are popping through in the most unexpected places.

There are more photos and a little slideshow video on the STAMPlorations Blog taking you through all of the steps on how it came together in the end, that's after I was just about to give up on it. 😊
Yes, about 2/3 through I was very close to shelf it and as a result became less fearful of messing up. Of course, I thought it was already a mess and it couldn't get any worse. 😁
I am glad I persevered and hope that you enjoy and feel inspired by today's tutorial.

I am entering my canvas at:
Creative Artiste - challenge #24 Anything Mixed Media Goes
Craft Stamper - Make It Take It Anything Goes, must use stamps

If you feel inspired to dig into your crafty resourcefulness and create something to enjoy  .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme for the Mixed Media Challenge is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.


That's it from me for today. Have a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx


The little slideshow video can also be found here on my YouTube Channel.



Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps ***, stencils and dies:

ARTplorations Stencils and Masks: ShuttersMy Sunshine
preview-web-stencil-006-shutters.jpeg preview-stencil128-Mysunshinemask
STAMPlorations Stamps: Art MarksMixed Media ElementsMixed Media GrungeThe Birds And The Blooms
preview-SheryRuss_ArtMarks1 SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview
Colouring Book: Color Blooms
colorbloomscover

*** Discount code works on sale items too

other supplies: gesso primed canvas 20x20cm (8x8inches); Sepia, Tiger Lily, Potting Soil and black Archival Inks; London Bus and Zesty Zing PaperArtsy Fresco Paints; dark yellow Crafter's Choice acrylic paint; white gesso; arcylic medium; Brusho Powders and Promarkers for the Color Blooms page; Early Espresso ink and marker pen; white gel pen; Gelly Roll Black Sparkl; Micron 05; glossy accents; metal charms and skeleton leaves

5 comments:

  1. A stunning and hangable work of art, Monika! You have perfectly captured the warmth of sunshine and sunflowers!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab canvas Monika, love the colours 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just watched the video, thank you for the step by step. Great that you kept going and trusted the process. You had me when you painted over the colour book page! Fabulous project, lots of layering and techniques...Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty canvas. The design is very lovely. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous canvas ..... great colour and texture. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX