Sunday 19 February 2017

February Stencil Sunday

Hello, Crafty Friends!

Welcome to another Stencil Sunday in February. May I take the opportunity to remind you of the current Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.

My DT contribution for this Stencil Sunday is ... a tag


For today's project, I dug out one of those pieces I have been meaning to use for a while ... a piece of card I used to use up left over gold acrylic and red coloured paste from a couple of projects from which I cut a large tag.

The paste at the time was used with the Old Rose Prints ARTplorations Stencil. It was done in a hurry and had smudged a little, and I wondered what it might look like covered up with tissue paper. I picked up some white crumpled tissue paper duly kept from packaging, added some stamping using stamps from the Scribbly Splattery Grunge set and Tempting Turquoise, Crisp Cantaloupe and Basic Grey inks, layered it onto my tag and gave it a thin coat of white gesso.

Next I got out the Ethnic Organic Two stencil, placed it on my tag, sprinkled with A Bit Jaded and Are You Cerise Coloured Stains Infusions, spritzed with water and outlined the pattern in black once dry.

Next I blended with Emerald and Golden Copper Decorating Chalks to bring out more of the rose pattern, added some glittery nail varnish and a piece of dry wall tape as a base for the rose and die-cut sentiment.

All that was left, was to finish off with some glitter glue, fibers and sequins.


The stamping on the tissue paper can't be seen in the finished project as stamping, it has become part of the overall colouring and texture. Interestingly it seemed to disappear and blend fully into the background through adding the dry wall tape despite it being a mesh.

Here is a last look at my finished project.,,


I hope you feel inspired to create something different, maybe even do some up-cycling or re-purposing .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.


That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

ARTplorations Stencils: Old Rose PrintsEthnic Organic Two
preview-web-stencil-013-old-rose-prints.jpeg preview-stencil118-EthnicOrganicTwo
STAMPlorations Stamps: 
StampClub-BlossomOverture-preview.jpeg SheryRuss_Scribbly Splattery Grunge-preview
CUTplorations Dies:
Luggage Tags Nesting DiesHugs Word Die
preview-stamplorations-luggagetags hugs-worddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX