Sunday 18 December 2016

December Stencil Sunday

Hello, Crafty Friends!

Welcome to another Stencil Sunday in December. May I take the opportunity to remind you of the current Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.

My DT contribution for this Stencil Sunday is ... gift wrapping


I had these bags for a while, and they came in very handy when I was looking to dress up handmade chocolate lollies for Nick's great nieces and nephew. Nope, I didn't make them myself, but I can certainly vouch for their quality as this is about the third lot we bought from our local corner shop. The others never made it as far ...

Using the large reindeer from Reindeer Games and Fuchsia Pink StazOn, I stamped the front of the bag being careful not to move to much as it is easy to 'slip' on a non-porous surface when stamping. Note to self: Try using MISTI

Next I created a tab to fold over the top. I cut a piece of kraft card and embossed it using my embossing mat and the Oh, My Stars! stencil in the correct Big Shot sandwich before lightly swiping it with white Craft Ink to pick out the stars.

I added some white faux stitching, a strip of Washi and a die-cut Art Edges border.

Next I dry embossed a gold pearlescent star using the Dots All Over stencil. This time, I decided to put my sandwich through the Big Shot twice going in the same direction and I ended up with a really cool 'shadow' double embossing effect. Due to the rubber mat stretching, my star got pulled along a little and the dots ended up either very close to each other or partially overlapping. It also made the dots look more random which was perfect for my use of the star.

I then edged my star with Versamark and sprinkled it with a mix of Snowflake (Heat It Up!) embossing powder and Primary Apple Red (WOW) embossing enamel which I was left over from my card here before heat setting and layering on my tab.

Next I stamped, coloured and fuzzy cut my reindeer and gave it some googly eyes, popped it up on 3D foam pads and finished off with the die-cut name, Stickles and gems .... perfectly girly ...

Here is a close-up of my tab ...


I hope you feel inspired to create something different, maybe even do some up-cycling or re-purposing .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.


You can also link your stencil make up with the ARTplorations Stencil Hop Linky Party, which closed at 11.55pm Pacific on Friday 23rd December (7.55am GMT Saturday 24th December)

That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

ARTplorations Stencils: Oh, My Stars!Dots All Over
preview-web-stencil-009-stars.jpeg preview-web-stencil-077-DotsAllOver

STAMPlorations Stamps: Reindeer Games
preview-BigGrins-ReindeerGames

CUTplorations Dies: Art Edges
preview-artedges-cutplorations

3 comments:

  1. I love your cute and quirky design! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's that cute reindeer.
    Got my die yesterday so I have to get some
    cards made using him.
    Love the treat topper.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX