Friday 28 October 2016

October Stamp Release Blog Hop Day 5


Hello Crafty Friends!

Welcome to the STAMPlorations October Stamp Release Blog Hop. Four sets are being released this week, Faerie DoorPower Of WordsFaith Expressions and Funny Kinda Love.

Here are my DT projects ... 


Using the Faerie Door set, I wanted to create a card with a childlike feel and used simple colouring and stamping having the faerie floating above a carpet of flowers.


With this card I was inspired by the word 'soul' from the sentiment, Power Of Words. I immediately thought of purple flame and gold. I applied some yellow ink to my craft mat, spritzed with water and mopped it up with a piece of white card. Once dry I stamped my sentiment on my background and the flame again on a piece of scrap card. I then coloured and fuzzy cut the flame, added it to my card, doodled a border and finished off with sequins, gems and glossy accents. 


Next I die-cut a rectangle using the CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, sponged it with purple ink, stamped the swirls from the Distressed Floral Swirls set in the same shade and the flowers from the Faith Expressions set in a darker shade before adding my sentiment in an even darker shade. I then added some sparkle gel pen colouring to the flowers and glossy accents to the word 'faith' before finishing off with some sequins.


For my last card using the Funny Kinda Love set, I made a tag to go on my grey splattered base card. I die-cut a tag using the CUTplorations Luggage Tags Nesting Dies from a lightly grey inked piece of card, dry embossed it and picked up some of the pattern with pink before stamping my sentiment. I then inked a piece of white card using the same pink, stamped the other part of my sentiment and the two hearts and fuzzy cut the lot before edging the tag and the sentiment strip with my gold leaf pen. I then added a length of gold twine, assembled my pieces and finished of with a few sparkly hearts.

Check out what the rest of the team made! You'll find links to all our projects here.

Leave a comment on participating blogs for your entry into the Prize draw. There are quite a few prizes up for grabs, and a full list can be found here on the STAMPlorations Blog. This is also where you can follow or subscribe, that way you'll be kept informed about all the hops, tutorials and challenges they have going. It's good to be kept in the loop. Commenting for this hop closes on Tuesday 1st November and the winners will be announced on Friday 9th November.

That's it from me for now. Have a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx

I am linking my purple card up with:
The Hop To Stop - raising awareness about Domestic Violence, needs purple cards Hop_to_Stop_2016

Please help turning Blogland purple.


here is what else I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

STAMPlorations Stamps: Distressed Floral Swirls
stmp1005-a.jpeg

preview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectanglepreview-stamplorations-luggagetags

26 comments:

  1. Amazing cards..my fav is the tag card..☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such an inspiring week. You've ended with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such pretty designs!! I love them all and your soft and subtle colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous set of cards! Love that sweet faerie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set of cards! I couldn't possibly choose a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An array of delights, Monika, each one showcasing something special and magical about the new releases! Choosing a favourite? Nope...love them all!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. You infused whimsy into every single design! Awesome Monika! Also - thanks for linking up to the Hop to Stop and raising awareness for victims of domestic violence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards, I especially love the tag

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful designs and every one is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new releases and seeing them used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards- especially the one with the fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love that purple card...so pretty! Great tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your purple card is beautiful, and that sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL cards!!!
    LOVE the images, sentiments and colours!!!
    Thank You for sharing your cards with Becca's Hop To STOP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects! I LOVE your sweet tag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all just so very pretty! My favorite color is purple, so I love that one.
    I also love the last one, which is so unique & beautiful. All the new sets are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful projects.
    The tag on the card is
    so pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, beautiful cards! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful designs and love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the creativity of your projects - really inspired by your embossed tag card:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are fab, Monika! I love the dry embossing on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards!!! Love so much this amazing release!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX