Tuesday 13 September 2016

Flowers Bloom

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's Tuesday which means it's Inspiration Time over at STAMPlorations. As my DT piece I made a bold and cheerful card using the large buttercup from the Buttercups And Butterflies set in combination with a sentiment from the Bloom Happy set .... oh ... and of course a little bit of die-cutting thrown into the mix too.


I just love that big bold buttercup! Actually I do love buttercups full stop, they are so bright and cheerful and look extremely nice in the hedgerows and roadsides out in Wales where we tend to spend quite a bit of time over the summer. Back to my card, here is how it was made:

  • die-cut a coloured panel using the small one of the CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangles Nesting Dies (I used a piece of card which I had coloured mopping up some ink or Brusho from my craft mat. I tend to collect them as I go along, they make great backgrounds or starting points for mixed media work)
  • stamp the large buttercup 4 times in Archival ink and colour with watercolours
  • use the Buttercup Coordinating Die to die-cut the buttercups and snip off the stem
  • stamp the sentiment from the Bloom Happy set, cut out and edge with black
  • layer as shown on a linen effect base card
That's it, easy and quick. For more inspiration, pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog where my teamies have prepared real eye candy for you. Whilst there, you can also leave a comment for your entry into their monthly prize draw.

That's it from me for today, I shall be back tomorrow with a very interesting Spotlight Feature and of course with my DT contribution the CUTplorations Christmas Release and Linky Party. See you there.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
STAMPlorations stamps: Buttercups And ButterfliesBloom Happy
preview-Buttercups & Butterflies preview-SheryRussBloomHappy

CUTplorations Thin Metal Dies: Buttercups And Butterflies Coordinating DiesCrazy Double Running Stitch Rectangles Nesting Dies
cutplorations-ButtercupsandButterflies preview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectangle

3 comments:

  1. I do love this card full stop. :) The sentiment pairing is gorgeous and the cheery yellow with the pale blue is oh-so-lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX