Tuesday 29 March 2016

Borders ... Glorious Borders!

Hi All,

STAMPlorations have got some fantastic new stamps ... Artsy Borders!!! ... four in total ... Butterfly Row, Cupcake Row, Daffodil Row and Daisy Row ... You will LOVE them! They have already become my favourites as they make for easy, quick and classy cards!

They look absolutely stylish, simply stamped in black on white card and paired with a simple sentiment from the Bloom Sketches set and finished off with a few clear gems ...

 


 

This combination would make a great gift as a set of cards, and it is easy and quick to make, just perfect for those last minute birthday presents.

Of course you can add some colour too ...


... through adding some fuzzy cut and coloured elements, butterflies in my case, or ...



... through adding some acetate highlights, or ...


... trough colouring and fuzzy cutting the whole chain of glorious cupcakes, made a little more glossy with a coat of Mod Podge, or ...


... through adding a die-cut splash of colour and spritzing, or ...


... trough creating a faux no-line-watercolour look, for which I stamped the Daisy Row in Sap Green Archival before watercolouring around it with Pistachio Pudding SU ink and highlighting the daisy centers with Crushed Olive DI. To finish I stamped my sentiment from the Boxed Blooms set in Garden Green SU ink and added a couple of decorative score lines  and rounded corners.

There is even room for taking things much bolder ...


.... such as using a very bright colour scheme with a touch of glossy accents for a real Sugar Rush of a sweet treat, or even going all out artsy ....


... with a Gelli Plate print as backdrop inspired by a sunny Spring afternoon sitting in the garden with a cuppa ... birds tweeting ....
There is a little video on how I made the print which I spritzed with gold Artiste Spritzing Ink before cutting it to size. I then added some green dotted Washi, my coloured and fuzzy cut Daffodil Row and Sketchy Coffee Cup, my potting soil stamped Trendy Birds and a Noteworthy sentiment. Some doodles and sequins finished the look.

Well, and at the end once you finished making your card, you can always look over the piece of paper you used to try out your stamps or for stamping off and blending etc. to see, if there is a card like this, you could make ...


I found this piece of paper on the messy stamping paper (scrap paper in other words), I had been using for quite a while, and simply added some stamped splashes from the Mixed Media Elements set, the sentiment from the Bloom Sketches set, some doodles, ink spray and sequins.

Well, all of these pieces of inspiration came about before I was even following my original idea and pairing the borders with their full size counterpart like the Cupcake row with the Sketched: Cupcake and the Daisy Row with the daisy from the Bloom Sketches ... I guess these will have to wait for another post ....


here is the little video:

That's it from me for now.
Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
Butterfly Row - Artsy Borders, Cupcake Row - Artsy Borders, Daffodil Row - Artsy Borders
SheryRuss_ButterflyRow2x6-preview SheryRuss_CupcakeRow2x6-preview SheryRuss_DaffodilRow2x6-preview
Daisy Row - Artsy Borders
SheryRuss_DaisyRow2x6-preview
Bloom Sketches, Sketched: Cupcake, Boxed Blooms, Sugar Rush, Sketchy Coffee Cups,
BloomSketches.jpeg stmp1057.jpeg stmp1053.jpeg stmp1083.jpeg SRD-SketchyCoffeeCups-preview

Trendy BirdsNoteworthy, Mixed Media Elements
TrendyBirds-web-preview Noteworthy-preview SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements

1 comment:

  1. Love all your cards, Monika! Didn't expect you to go on a card-making spree with the borders but I should have known hehehe ;o) I think my favorites are the butterfly card (with the fussy-cut and colored butterflies -- I just love the layout!) and the daffodil card (with the die-cut and splatters). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX