Tuesday 5 January 2016

A New Day

Hi All,

Can you believe it, we're almost one week into 2016 already!

For today's inspiration post over at STAMPlorations, I'm sharing a card which was inspired by this month's CASEplorations project featuring a card by Laura Bassen. You can find all the details about January CASEplorations here.

Right, back to my card ... this is where I want to take the opportunity to give you a sneak preview of two of the stamp sets due for release next week with our usual Blog Hop, Winged Things and New Beginning ...


I used Basic Grey and shaded my sponging through the Old Rose Prints ARTplorations Stencil to be darker at the bottom going lighter towards the top edge. Next I stamped my sentiment from the New Beginning set in black, stamped, coloured and fuzzy cut my butterfly from the Winged Things set, added a die cut heart and layered it all up before finishing off with a few silver hearts.

Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to find the amazing projects my teamies created, and, if you leave a comment there, you'll be entered in a monthly random prize draw too (Prize: $10 Gift Certificate)

Before I go, a quick reminder ... Blog Hop next week ...


... and a couple of more cards ... just for fun ...


entering at:
Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes - with HLS stamps
Happy Little Stampers CASE - Kylie's card to CASE 

... and another one for a challenge ...


entering at:
Less is More - neutrals

That's it from me for today, back soon.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used from STAMPlorations, links to the sets are in the above text.
preview-TheBeesKnees-WingedThings preview-DeesArtsyImpressions-NewBeginning preview-web-stencil-013-old-rose-prints.jpeg

everything else I used:
Scribbles and Splat Tim Holtz dies - Sizzix
Butterfly Birthday stamp set - Happy Little Stampers

16 comments:

  1. You've certainly been busy! I just love how that rainbow-y butterfly jumps off your stenciled card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your first card - that little butterfly just pops! The second card is beautiful, too with those gorgeous colors. Your third card is quite elegant, but personally I like colorful cards better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Monika. Great cards, like the look of the new stamps especially the 'new' sentiments. Really like the heart die, where is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, Monika! I LOVE the new header! It's way better than mine! haha. I also really like this card - you always do such neat things when you use stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That butterfly looks fabulous in rainbow colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous butterfly card. Love how the background colors are all muted to allow the butterfly to really POP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Monika! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the pop of color against the stenciled bg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Monika! the first one is fun! I might CASE that card, and the case of Kylie's card is fantastic, the background looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing cards, Monika! I love your CASE of my card. The neutral butterfly and sentiment is awesome too. Happy New Year! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the subtle shading on your neutral card! The butterfly looks awesome!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully clean and CAS and a great take on our neutrals challenge
    thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful array of cards here! The backgrounds you've created are all so lovely! Thanks so much for joining the HLS January CASE challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely collection of cards!
    Thank you so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your super CAS neutral card, perfect for our challenge. And the pop of colour of your butterfly against your grey stencilled background looks amazing.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job! Love your CASE of Kylie´s card! Wonderful colours! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX