Thursday 28 May 2015

ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop Day 4


Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop. This is where we, the STAMPlorations Girls, put our stencils through their paces.

For today's project I worked with the Happy Flowers stencil to create two cards using some Black Stars Sparkle Medium. As you've probably noticed, I always look for ways to do things differently, normally one would apply the sparkle medium in the same way as embossing paste ...... I decided to use a brush instead to get the following two effects.



For my first card I stenciled the sparkle medium through the Happy Flowers directly on cream card using my brush before adding some grunge using stamps from the Mixed Media Grunge and Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds and a little blending with Basic Grey ink. I heat embossed my sentiment from Fond Expressions on a torn strip of vellum and layered as shown. To finish I 'grunged' one of the corners, added some sequins and a little paper twine. I quite like the slightly surreal looking effect I achieved.

For my second card, I first prepared my background using stamps from the Mixed Media Grunge set. I then sponged the Happy Flowers using Charcoal ink before applying the sparkle medium as above. I then simply layered on my black base card and finished off with organza ribbon and bow.

You can just about see the sparkle in both of the cards.

TIP!: Applying the medium with a brush gives the image a rough textured look which adds further interest. I will have to try this now using embossing paste, I guess, to see what the effect will be....

Check out what the rest of the team made! You'll find links to all our projects here. Feel free to leave comments as you go along. Every comment will be entered into a prize draw. Commenting closes on 29th May and the winners will be announced on 1st June. Good Luck!

Prizes:

SIX (6) winners (2 winners per day) will receive their choice of ARTplorations stencil. Winners will be randomly drawn from all comments left on the designers' blogs.

THREE (3) winners will each receive a $10 gift certificate. Winners will be randomly drawn from comments left on the STAMPlorations blog.

+ Extra prizes for those who participate in the Flash Stencil Project Linky Party and link up by May 31.

That's it from me for today. I shall be back again tomorrow with another stencil project or two.

Have a lovely day!

hugs

Monika xxx

Here is what I used:
stamps and stencils from STAMPlorations, links are in the text above
preview-web-stencil-027-happyflowers.jpeg MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg stmp1004-a.jpegFondExpression-preview
Charcoal Vintage Ink Spot, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green and Basic Grey ink - Stampin'Up!
Black Stars Sparkle Medium - Imagination Craft
Paper Twine - The Works
Organza Ribbon - Fantastic Ribbons
orange embossing powder and card from stash

20 comments:

  1. OOH, your cards are beautiful!! Love all the details you have added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Monika, think I like the second one most. Love the gold and the deep blue/black. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards and love how different they look using the same stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great technique - beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! The first card is my fav!!!Cool technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief, your so great at layering these stencils. Both cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never applied paste with brushes but the awesome textures on your card are inspiring :) !! Loved both of them second one a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sparkle medium looks wonderful with that stencil, beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards. Love the sparkle and the two effects. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beauties Monika, the backgrounds are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your way of using happy flowers and You surely made them happier. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! So lovely and pretty creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your way of 'doing things differently' has resulted in two stunning cards! So incredibly pretty...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are WONDERFUL but the first one totally intrigues me! You are very creative and yes - I love to find different ways to do things too - that's what makes it so fun!!! Thanks bunches for sharing some of your secrets. j.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Monika, love the variation the brush gives to the paste, and yes i could see the sparkle. For two cards made using the same stencil you have two stunning and completely different results. You are an inspiration.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like that artsy first version.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX