Friday 8 May 2015

Addicted to CAS

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I want to say 'thank you' to the girls over at Addicted to CAS for asking me to be their Guest Designer for May! This means I have the honour of joining them for two of their challenges.


Each challenge has a different code word in addition to the card having to be clean & simple. Today's code word is ...


The 'Birds' challenge is hosted by Jan from Lilypuss Cards and the sponsor is Casual Fridays. When Loll asked me, I was thrilled to bits especially since I had just received my new Small Birds set ... now here is a thought ... as you are reading this, providing it is about 1pm BST, I might actually be having a cuppa with Shirley who designed the set. We are due to meet up at my local STAMP Fair in Port Sunlight. Back to my card ...


I stamped and masked the Kingfisher, sponged my partial circle, removed the mask and coloured my bird using Stamp'n'write markers. I stamped my sentiment, added a couple of scored lines to the side of it, layered on my kraft base card and my card was finished. It a sort of reminds me of holidays ...

I am entering my card at:
Crafty Calendar - Things with Wings

Hope you enjoyed today's offering, it you want to follow my blog, please feel free to do so by clicking on the small green squares to the right of the 'join this site' button.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used:
stamp sets by STAMPlorations I used: Noteworthy and The Bee's Knees: Small Birds
Noteworthy-preview SmallBirds-preview
Stamp'n'write Markers by Stampin'Up!: garden green, more mustard, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise, basic grey and early espresso

Upcoming event:


13 comments:

  1. Hi Monika. LOVE this regal bird! Such bright and vibrant colours and love the sponged "sun" behind him.

    I hope you are enjoying your cuppa with Shirley! :) Have fun at the Stamp Fair.

    And thanks so much for joining us this month as Guest Designer. It's so great to have you on the team! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bird and a fitting sentiment for spotting a beauty like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! The masked and sponged circle adds so much to the appeal of your card. So glad to have you as our designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monika, It's so nice to have you as our Guest Designer this month at ATCAS! Your card is fabulous ~ I love how you blended your inks for the sun and your coloring is perfect! on the bird I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us over the next few weeks! Barb G/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monika! It is awesome to have you as our Guest Designer for May. Yay!!! I love that bird and your masked area and sponging is brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I couldn't be with you at PS and today on the Wirral. Hope you had a fab time and your bank balance isn't too dinted!
    Love these sketchy birds, they are so versatile, great CAS design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... And so we did have a cuppa! It was lovely to meet up with you and Keren :). Congrats on the GD spot - love the vibrant kingfisher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've colored this beautiful bird and sponged the sun behind him, Monika! So glad you could be our Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your GDT - love your vibrant kingfisher. And jealous about sharing a cuppa with Shirley ;) Did ya'll leave any inventory at the show or did ya buy it all up?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous CAS card, something I find so hard to do but you've nailed it.....love the colours too! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great minds think a like! Our cards are similar :) -- LOVE this bright colored bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bird in his circle of sunshine. The bright colours really pop off the page. What a wonderful card. So glad you have joined us as our GD this week.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month
    Hugs
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX