Sunday 1 March 2015

CASEploration March


Hi Everybody,
It is time again for a new CASEploration project. This month we took inspiration from a card made by Loll.

One could take inspiration from the lattice background, the golden and red colours, the candles or the Christmas theme. If you want to check it out in more detail, you can find Loll's original card here on her blog.
Here is my take on this month's project:
As you can see, I went with the Christmas theme, the colours and the candles. My background panel is a piece from the Gelli Plate treasures I created the other day, when I was working with the ARTplorations Stencils: Bubbles and rolled the paint left on my roller off on a piece of card which I subsequently used to get an imprint of the stencil itself. I felt that my artistic smudges were a good interpretation of the lattice, and the coppery colour, a mix of red and golden acrylics, adds a lovely shimmer, which sadly doesn't come through in the photograph. I heat embossed my sentiment in gold  to match the golden die cut and stamped coloured and fuzzy cut the candles, all from the  Holiday Sketches: Christmas Candles set, bfore layering my panel on gold pearlized card, adding my candles and layering it all on my red base card. I decided to go for a bold base card to add some contrast similar to Loll's card. My panel is much lighter than hers and a white base card would have been rather pale and washed out looking. I also decided to match the red of my base card to the red in my panel, I rather like how it adds depth and makes the candles stand out.

To see how my teamies interpreted Loll's card pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog, this is also where you can find a link to the Playground and join us in CASEing.
Hope you'll join us, have fun!
Hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used:
 preview-web-stencil-008-bubbles.jpeg
Red and gold metallic acrylic paint from Poundland
Riding Hood Red card from Stampin'Up!
Promarkers and Tinge Alcohol Markers for colouring

3 comments:

  1. Awesome CASE of Loll's card -- looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the candle stamp and you did a great CASE of Loll's card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gelli plate background Monika. I just got one and haven't played with it yet - can't wait! LOVE the red card base to balance every --- great design. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX