Monday 23 February 2015

Gelli Plate Saturday

Hello Everybody,

Hope you all had a great weekend!

My friend Sue and I had a fabulous Gelli Plate session on Saturday afternoon with acrylic paints and stencils. I was using some of my favourite ARTplorations Stencils to lift several prints in the process. You'd be amazed how many prints we managed to lift from one application of paints! We even took some prints of the stencils. I even managed to make use of the pattern I got from rolling the paint off the roller on a piece of card as you can see in the second one of today's projects.
First up is a card where I used part of an imprint from the ARTplorations Stencils: Bubbles and combined it with the following STAMPlorations stamp sets: Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds, Distressed Floral Swirls, Celebrate Artsy and Bloom Sketches.


I used the stencil imprint with its mix of red and golden colours as my starting point and stamped the largest of the texture stamps from the Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds down one side using a touch of Early Espresso ink. I then inked up my chosen Floral Swirls stamp in Gumball Green and stamped it several times into position using the generational stamping technique before stamping a partial border in Early Espresso using the dots from the Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds set. I then stamped, coloured (Promarkers) and fuzzy cut my daisy from the Bloom Sketches set, stamped one of the brush strokes from the Celebrate Artsy set as its stalk using Early Espresso ink, glued my bloom into position and finished off by adding my sentiment (Celebrate Artsy) in black and layering on my red base card.
I really like the 3D effect of the daisy, it looks a little like a pop-up feature.

I would like to enter my card at:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark
Card Mania - Add Some Red
Crafts Galore Encore - Use a Stamp or Digi
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with optional twist birthday

The background for my next card was made by simply rolling off the left over paint from my roller. It is a mix of mustard and silver acrylic paint, and the eagle eyed may even spot a faint pattern from the ARTplorations Stencils: Shutters down the right hand side as I had just used the roller to apply some paint over that stencil.
Here is the finished card:


This one was really quick and easy to make. I stamped and fuzzy cut my daisy from the Bloom Sketches set before applying clear glitter to the petals and golden glitter to its center. Whilst the glitter was drying, I attached my mustard panel to a piece of green designer paper, added a ribbon and leaf by Cheery Lynn Designs (think it's called fern leaf and comes as a set of two), stamped my sentiment from the Celebrate Artsy set, attached it to my base card and once dry added my glittered daisy using 3D foam dots.

I would like to enter my card at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 173 - Anything Goes
Scribble and Scrap Challenge 38 - Anything Goes

Oops, almost forgot to say ... The above two cards are my contribution to the Inspiration Feature over at the STAMPlorations Blog, where this time round we showcase some of the older sets. You can pop over by clicking here to see the fab projects my Teamies have created. This is also where we invite you to CASE one of our cards and play along at the CASE Playground. Have fun!

Next up is another Mixed Media style card made using a piece of an imprint from the ARTplorations Stencils: Shutters ...

I did go a little wild here and applied some Metallic Melon and Metallic Mint Gelatos as background colour. I then added some more texture using the large stamp from the Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds with Old Rose ColorBox pigment ink and the Lattice stamp (Kaisercraft) with Lapislazuli VersaColor ink. I then stamped the butterfly corner (36 by Kaisercraft) and my sentiment (Grateful Beyond Words STAMP LAB set by STAMPlorations***) in black VersaColor ink and layered my panel onto my red base card to finish.
This card has a lovely subtle shimmer due to the Metallic Gelatos and a little silver acrylic paint (mixed with mustard) from the stencil imprint.

I would like to enter my card at:
The Crafting Cafe - Favourite Technique, mine is stamping
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes

Hope you enjoyed my little offering today. I shall be back soon with more.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

*** STAMP LAB sets by STAMPlorations are limited edition stamps which have not been officially released. You can choose a free one with orders of and over $30 worth of products from their shop.***

Here are the STAMPlorations sets and ARTplorations Stencils I used:
preview-web-stencil-008-bubbles.jpeg stmp1061.jpeg stmp1060.jpeg stmp1005-a.jpegstmp1004-a.jpeg preview-web-stencil-006-shutters.jpeg stmp1097.jpeg
Early Espresso, Gumball Green inks, Early Espresso and Poppy Parade card stock by Stampin'Up!
Stamps by Kaisercraft, all other inks, Metallic Gelatos, designer paper, ribbon, glitter, Promarkers and paints were from my local Craft Shop

18 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun with your gelli plate - fabulous cards, Monika! I am always wondering if I should get one, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cards and love the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the background thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the first was my favorite but they are all beautiful. Don't you just love stensils!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All cards are fabulous, Monika ! Love how you used acrylic paints and stencils! Very excellent and inspiration.Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your gelli plate backgrounds - thanks for sharing one of your fabulous projects at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous trio of cards; you've worked magic yet again with your STAMPlorations images. In awe...Thank you for sharing your *make your mark* delights in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Monika! Thanks for sharing it with us in the My Favourite Technique chalenge over at The Crafting Cafe!
    Good Luck & I hope to see you next time too!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful backgrounds, Monika, love the beautiful daisy and the bright Spring colors. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful background, love the bright spring colours. Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous background! Thanks for sharing your art with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania :) zetkaArt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mixed media feel of your cards! Thank you for joining Cheery Lynn Challenges! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very bright and cheery card. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Fab background. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful backgrounds, lovely cards. I especially like your Daisy one. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX