Monday 19 January 2015

Sketch 26 at STAMPlorations

Hi Everybody,
As promised, I'm back today with another piece of inspiration for you. It is time for another sketch challenge at STAMPlorations. This is what I came up with:

My inspiration cam from a client who asked me if I already had any Mother's Day cards. This prompted me to dig a little deeper into my stamp supplies and bring out some golden oldies, apart frommit getting towards that time of year anyway. This card could be used any time of year, just to say thank you for being there.
I used Trendy ButterfliesTrendy LeavesSB Thank You and MOM SAB #3 - Quiet Strength. To start with, I blended some inks (yellow, orange and pink) and stamped the SAB in orange to create my background, rotating it as I went along. It is a technique Shery has used a lot, and I thought I'd give it a go. ☺
I blended some more inks, cut my banner, upside down tag, and stamped my leaf and butterfly before liberally spritzing it all with golden ink. Once dry I over-stamped my butterfly with clear pigment ink and clear embossed it to give the color more strength before fuzzy cutting leaf and butterfly. I gold embossed my sentiment, layered my elements as shown and finished off by adding a few sequins, pearl and gems.
Here are another couple of pictures capturing the subtle golden shimmer.

Now back to the challenge. This is the sketch to take your inspiration from, and as always there is lots of scope.
Our Guest Designer Maria and my teamies created some stunning cards to showcase over at the STAMPlorations blog. The challenge will end 30th January and the winner will be announced 6th February. As always there are lots of prizes to be won including some guest designer spots. Pop over to the STAMPlorations blog for the full details and to enter your project.
Back soon with more inspiration. Have a lovely day!
Hugs
Monika xxx

   

7 comments:

  1. Love the pink and yellow background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are becoming so colorful lately - LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how beautiful your card is, Monika! It's so soft and ultra-feminine. I love the blend of yellow, orange, and pink plus the subtle gold splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sponging, embossing and layers here! All my fave techniques! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...the sponged background, the whispers of gold, the lovely butterfly! Swooning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX